Saturday, September 01, 2012

 

Type I interferon and bacterial infection


Type I interferon and bacterial infection


July 2012

.

[Article in Chinese]

Source

Department of Respiratory Medicine, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310009, China.

Abstract


Interferons (IFNs) are cytokines playing an important role in immune responses. Interferons are classified into two distinct types according to specific interferon receptors(IFNR). Type I IFNs include IFN-α and IFN-β, whereas IFN-γ is type II IFN. It is well known that type I IFNs have important roles in the host defense against viruses through activation of interferon receptor A (IFNAR). However, many recent studies have also demonstrated that type I IFNs have effects on immune responses tobacterial infection. This review focuses on the immune regulation of type I IFN-mediated signal pathways in bacterial infections such as listeria monocytogenes, streptococcus, mycobacterium tuberculosis, bacillus anthracis, legionella, pseudomonas aeruginosa and others.

PubMed

Labels: , , , , , , ,






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?